Building PCs for 3.0 / Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BoredGamerUK, Aug 1, 2017.

1. BoredGamerUK

BoredGamerUK BoredGamer Premium User Content Creator BoredGamer Mod

Hey peeps, thought I'd start a thread specifically for people looking to build PCs for Alpha 3.0 OR Star Citizen now.
    We can also use it to give data on what we are getting Framerate wise with our setups too.
    If you have bought a PC, want advice on posting OR just want to chat about performance in 3.0 then here is the place to do it.

Lt. General Falcon likes this.
  2. Lt. General Falcon

Lt. General Falcon New Member

Hey yeah, my input and it might be useful to others ;-)

My High End pc gaming config:

EVGA Z170 classified 4-way mb,
    i7 6800k 4.7ghz(OC),
    CL16 quad-kit 32gb ram,
    *2x EVGA GTX1080 AC3.0 OC Sli-Bridge, ("1x" ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP 11Gb Extreme Core Edition Graphics Card)
    4x 27" Eyefinity4,
    850evo 500gb SSD,
    7TB HDU,
    Soundblaster ZxR,
    *Thermaltake Core WP200 case, (Thermaltake Core P5 wall mount)
    Roccat Tyon mouse,
    LT G19s Keyboard,
    Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum headset,
    PowerGrid 4x Ipad3.
    *Track-Ir 5,
    Trustmaster T16000m FCS HOTAS

2x EVGA GTX1080 AC3.0 OC Sli-Bridge mode,
    I changed some parts because from my opinion a "second" GTX 1080 card on SLI is is a bit overpowered and a bit useless investment. Star Citizen isn't using the full GPU power of one of the GTX yet and this will prob never happen. So, i took them out, sold one EVGA GTX1080 AC3.0 OC for €575.- wtfoBEN. The other GTX i plugged into the gaming system from my son. He's very happy with thatgreyWin

I've replaced the 2x EVGA GTX1080 AC3.0 OC with a new and only "1x" ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP 11Gb Extreme Core Edition Graphics Card! From my ZOTAC the benchmark scores are almost with all tests much more better vs "ALL" other GTX 1080 Ti's as soon you start with overclocking. I didn't overclock it yet but i know for sure that it will be awesome when i will overclock it. At this moment, i just let it run standard because its already boosting with my 4x 27" lcd's Eyefinity mode WowPls

You can check some details:

So, 2 GTX 1080 in SLI sounds powerfull, but its better to use 1x Zotac GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb for even better performances and its much cheaper too ;-)

Thermaltake Core WP200 case, great case but you need lots of space. But most important thing, was i changed this case with the Thermaltake Core P5 because i liked to put it on the wall! Its not only very cool with all the led lights and shit, as well less dust around the case! I always liked mounted gamingpc's and now the Thermaltake Core P5 case has the option to mount it on the wall, instead bainstorming yourself to build your own mounted pc gaming system... Its handy, right ;-)

Track-Ir 5, its cool, its great and it very handy... YES, When it works properly. Atm it isn't working perfect in Star Citizen yet! Some will tell, yes it works fine, but it aint! You still can't reach the max of this gear yet.

But my second opinion, is: Well yeah, i'm using 4 bigass lcd's already so why do i need Track-Ir 5, right?

My third and last opinion. is: CABLES! Wheeee i hate cables that are attached on my head. Its noisy and NO, i'm not gonna tape my cables on my wireless headset! I like wireless and until now i don't have any issues yet with wireless(headset only!). Mouse + keyboard are wired!

So, i sold it for €50,- less vs the price that i've bought LoL (bought it 2.5years before!) So yeah, for a good price as well, so why not if i'm not using it, right(ditto)

Hopefully someone can use this small info before buying 1 of the products ;-)

Cya in the verse, citizenwtfoSQ42

[​IMG]

BoredGamerUK likes this.
  3. BoredGamerUK

BoredGamerUK BoredGamer Premium User Content Creator BoredGamer Mod

Legend, this is exactly what I wanted. To see specs and experiences of others to help form opinions!