Left Handed Warthog Conversion - An Epic Controller

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TheNOOBIFIER1337, Aug 21, 2016.

1. TheNOOBIFIER1337

TheNOOBIFIER1337 Member Premium User Content Creator

Well, the video is done. Please check out the custom left handed controller options. Please link this anywhere where it might be useful.

Raptor Walker and Cøbra ☠ like this.
  2. Raptor Walker

Raptor Walker New Member

OK. I got the left handed grip from Okona (DIY) and the price has come down from his estimate of $150-175 USD to $100 USD (plus shipping - cost me about $30 to Australia and it arrived in about a week from when it left).
    There is a bit of a back log though. He currently cant keep up with demand (which makes the price drop even more surprising).
    The quality is great! The DIY conversion (while fiddly) is easy.
    Took me about 2 hours from start to finish and the end result feels and looks exactly the same as my other one.
    Thank you so much for putting me on to this.

Now for the use... Works great in ED (no need for TARGET).
    SC needs 1 controller so TARGET is needed (please correct me if I'm wrong).
    I'm no TARGET expert, so I'm having what is probably a noob TARGET issue.
    Being a TARGET Noob, I havnt used it for anything more then simply binding the TM Warthog HOTAS (or the Warthog and a left handed T16000) together so SC can recognize them.
    TARGET sees the 2 Warthog Joysticks when you start TARGET, but when you go to create a new profile I can only see 1 Warthog Joystick.
    I'm now running the new version of TARGET (v3.0.16.615).
    I'll print the manual out and start reading, but I figure two warthogs may not be covered like for example 2 T16000 would be, or a Warthog and a T16000, both combinations of which you can see and select together in TARGET when you create a new profile.
    I'm sure this is a noob question for a seasoned TARGET user, but seasoned TARGET user I'm not! :)

PS. I do recommend the Left handed warthog. Its great in Elite Dangerous, I just gotta get it working in SC now.

EDIT: I now realise I dont have to use TARGET to use both controllers in game. I was still basing that on last time I played SC, (over a year ago - decided to get back into it now I have better gear). Like noobifier, I cant get my head around swapping to space mode flight, I gotta have right hand Pitch and Roll (too many aerial flight sims from back in the day). I will try to transition yaw to the left Y access (currently use pedals for this) but speed and accuracy are lacking. I would love to get someone else's setup with simular hardware so I have a base to work from.
    Anyone here willing to share their dual joystick config file?

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017